If you are looking to build a business that has short-term potential, sell products based on fear and runs ads to potentially get banned on Facebook then this article is not for you. But if you are looking to start a business that has long term growth potential, helps people adapt to this ‘’new normal’’ and uses ethical marketing practices, then this article is for you.
In this article I will talk about 10 ethical businesses ideas that you can start in an economy that’s been impacted by the coronavirus.
Entrepreneurs like you, who think long term and want to add value into people’s lives, are going to be critical in the way this economy moves forward. So, if you are ready to explore some new business ideas then let’s get started.
The business ideas that I’m going to dive are wide ranging, you can use these business ideas to built online stores, to sell products which you develop, print on demand products or products that you source from suppliers. If you are sourcing products using the drop-shipping model than you are not paying for the inventory upfront and you receive money after you make a sale.
I’m going to use the drop-shipping business model as I go through these ideas, that’s because a lot of drop-shippers use 60SecAsia as their supplier and, in this video, I’m going to use 60SecAsia to give you examples of the different online business ideas.
1) Hoodies and Sweatshirts.
People stay home and want to feel comfortable. When you sell hoodies and sweatshirts make sure you target your audience with language which talks about staying comfortable at home. Now, the challenging part is that you need to be unique, you either design your own based on print on demand service or you source hoodies and sweatshirts which have a bit of novelty aspect in them.
2) The second business idea is sleepwear and pyjamas. People are working from home wearing their pyjamas. Use good looking quality products because even if people stay at home, they still want to look good.
3) Mobile device holders for home. The demand for mobile holder devices while driving is not hot anymore, but for home is as we don’t out go, we don’t, drive, we stay home.
4) Laptop Stands/Lap-desks. The idea is to sell laptop stands or lap-desks simply because we stay home, we work from home, we are looking for comfort-ability which we work. With that category you don’t have to restrict yourself to those items only. You can sell keyboards, mouse and mouse pads.
5) Gaming accessories. I know nothing about gaming but what I don’t know is that a lot more people are spending their time gaming now that they are staying indoors. If you know this niche look for ideas to cater to the needs of the people who are gaming more often. Just make sure the gaming accessories you are going to sell are compatible with the electronic devices.
6) Home storage solutions. Home storage solutions are going to be big into this new way of living because people are spending so much more time at home. Look for products that help organize what they already have or for products which help people manage their home more efficiently.
7) Kitchen accessories. With restaurant and cafes closed, everyone is spending more time cooking. Chopping boards, knife set, cutlery sets, juice makers and the list continues.
8) Pets accessories and pet toys. People used to leave for work and then come back to their pet. Now people are spending a lot time with their pets at home.
9) At home hobbies. As people spend a lot of time at home, they want to explore new hobbies. Knitting, embroidery, sports.
10) House slippers. House slippers are comfortable, you don’t need exact sizing. Can spark some joy and bring some comfort while at home.